Felt really grubby on Sunday night after not being in the pool for four days and had everything ready in the car to get going first thing today. That said, I almost did not get up at 5am this morning. Really had to force myself to a “heroic moment” of sorts just getting out of bed. And then still felt very cold and tired all the way to the pool.
After a longer warm-up, I was back at home in the water though. And loving it.
Training summary today: 1:23:24 of swimming, 4700 meters, 188 lengths at an overall average of 1:42/100m, SWOLF of 34, and burned 1300 kCal
- 300m warm-up at 1:38/100m free
- 1550m free at 1:37/100m cruisy but not dithering
- 1350m free at 1:38/100m cruisy
- 100m kickdrills with pullbuoy as kickboard
- 100m kickdrills on the back
- 350m back with pullbuoy (nice and relaxed, 2:02/100m)
- 100m back in 1:58 (still quite relaxed)
- 4 sets of 100m individual medley (butterfly/back/breast/free at 25m each), at a time of 1:41 (fastest) to 1:54 (slowest) per 100m
- 450m cool down (slow free, with some shenanigans to relax)
Pool was very full today, fuller than I have seen it any morning since I started my 6am-stints. Maybe it is because it is spring, and the sun rises a lot earlier? Or because there has been a bit of swimming in the mainstream mass media? Anyway. No real complaints here: Had half a lane to myself. Mind you, I had to wait with butterfly till the large breast stroker had left (even with freestyle I hugged the lane rope). But at least no cowboys jumped in my way. And the little butterfly I get in is not really a big deal anyway.